Education facilities require an efficient waste management solution to cope with the constant stream of varied waste. At Inciner8, our range of incinerators are perfectly suited to this type of waste.
Incinerators for Schools, Colleges & Universities
- PRIVATE SCHOOLS
- EDUCATIONAL LABS
- SCIENCE FACULTIES
- REMOTE SCHOOLS
- AGRICULTURAL COLLEGES
- VETERINARY SCHOOLS
Every school and university has a legal responsibility to provide an efficient waste management system. Teaching the younger generation how to properly manage waste in an eco-friendly way is important for any educational facility, and this responsibility must be addressed by every school.
The average secondary school produces around 22kg of waste per pupil each academic year. The amount of waste produced by primary schools is even higher at around 45kg per pupil. The average amount of waste produced by universities in the UK is around 469 kilograms per student per academic year.
Typical waste generated from schools and universities is usually considered as MSW (Municipal Solid Waste). Types of waste usually found in these educational facilities are:
- Food – food waste from pupil’s lunch boxes and lunch provided by catering within the schools/universities.
- Packaging – packaging from supplies and food packaging
- Electronic equipment – tablets, computers, interactive boards etc.
- General waste from rubbish bins.
- Paper and card – workbooks, letters, textbooks, printed and photocopied paper.
- Hazardous/Bio-hazardous – waste from science labs such as chemicals, materials and equipment from experiments.